It is understood that Mr W G Heath opened an electrical shop in 1898 and is reputed to have installed the first electrical street lights in Plymouth town the following year. The company installed the electrical gear in Plymouth’s first cinemas and also for the BBC, when they opened their Plymouth station. WG Heath & Company later installed the equipment on the radio mast at North Hessary Tor (the mast at Princetown on Dartmoor) and also for Westward Television. The company also laid the original main electricity cables in Plympton St Marys, Plympton St Maurice, Brixton, Eggbuckland, Plymstock and St Budeaux. Six years after this, they started the same operation in Tavistock and Okehampton.
For more information on the origins of our company, please go to the following link: